Gold is a relatively common allergen that appears to induce dermatitis about the face and eyelids, as well as at sites of direct cutaneous contact. In this study, 355 patients with suspected contact dermatitis were evaluated; 17 (4.8%) were found to be allergic to gold. Fifteen of these 17 patients were re-evaluated at >2 months after patch testing. When contact with gold jewelry was discontinued, 7 of 15 (46.7%) of the gold-allergic patients reported that their dermatitis cleared. In 3 of 7 patients (42.9%), discontinuing contact with gold jewelry was the only modification to their behavior; whereas in 4 of 7 (57.1%), discontinuing contact with gold jewelry and other documented allergens was necessary to affect resolution. Despite continuous contact with gold (jewelry and/or dental appliances), 7 of 15 (46.7%) of our patients had complete clearing of their symptoms by avoiding other documented allergens. None of our patients required the removal of dental gold.